The Pupil Premium is an additional amount of money provided by the Government for those children who are entitled to receive FSM (free school meals) or have received
FSM in the past 6 years.
The progress of all children is measured on a full termly basis and discussions take place with relevant teachers, during Pupil Progress Meetings. This enables us to discuss individuals in detail and pinpoint any area where additional support may be necessary.
Statement of Intent
At William Stukeley CE Primary School, we use our Pupil Premium Grant funding to provide additional educational support to our disadvantaged pupils to improve their progress and to raise their standard of achievement.
Our Ultimate Objectives
We recognise that disadvantaged children can face a wide range of barriers which may impact on their learning. Our ultimate objectives are to therefore:
- Remove barriers to learning created by poverty, family circumstance and background
- Narrow the attainment gaps between disadvantaged pupils and their non-disadvantaged peers
- Ensure ALL pupils can read fluently and with good understanding
- Develop confidence in their ability to communicate effectively in a wide range of contexts
- Enable pupils to look after their social and emotional wellbeing and to develop resilience
- Access a wide range of experiences to develop their knowledge and understanding of the world
- To support families, beyond the classroom
Achieving our Ultimate Objectives
To achieve our objectives and overcome identified barriers to learning we will:
- Provide all staff with high quality CPD to ensure that pupils access effective quality first teaching
- Provide targetted intervention and support to quickly address identified gaps in learning including the use of small group work and 1:1 tuition
- Target funding to ensure that all pupils have access to trips, residentials, first-hand learning experiences
- Provide opportunities for all pupils to participate in enrichment activities including sport and music
- Provide appropriate nurture/additional support to enable pupils to access learning within and beyond the classroom
- Provide appropriate social and emotional support
We will ensure that effective teaching, learning and assessment meets the
needs of all pupils through the rigorous analysis of data.
Class teachers will identify specific intervention and support for individual pupils
which will be reviewed termly.
Alongside academic support, we will ensure that those pupils who have social,
emotional and mental health needs will access quality provision from
appropriately trained adults.