Our Ethos and Values
‘In our happy, caring and safe school, our teachers will inspire learning, support us to achieve success and create lifelong values, characteristics and ambitions’
Within a Christian ethos we aim to:
- Promote a positive attitude to life-long learning, nurturing the development of selfesteem; leading to aspirational, independent learners that are prepared to be challenged and take risks in a diverse and ever changing world
- Provide the children with valuable experiences and opportunities, through a broad, balanced and exciting curriculum, where learning is purposeful and fun
- Use a variety of teaching strategies and resources effectively and creatively, encouraging each child to progress and attain to the highest possible standards, in relation to their age and ability
- Strongly encourage parental involvement in the education of our children
- Demonstrate and foster respect for ourselves and others within the school and the global community
- Encourage spiritual and moral values • Value each child as an individual within the school
As a Church of England Aided School, Collective Worship is an important part of our school day. The school gathers each day to take part in collective worship based on a topic for each term. Parents will be invited to worship led by their children.
The Vicar or the curate visits the school each week, usually on a Tuesday, to talk to the children and lead our collective worship.
We visit the Parish Church regularly to celebrate the festivals and children visit the church to learn more about the building.